The Ultimate Liberator!

For the seekers of knowledge
Can there be a knowledge?
better than
The Knowledge of The Divine, Shri Rama!

The one who liberated
Even the blades of grasses
And all the swarms of ants

Leaving none behind
That ever existed
In the Good City of Ayodhya

And placed them in
An exotic heaven
Created exclusively for them
By the Great Grandshire Brahma!

-Nammazhvaar


Ramayanam is Agriculture
Bhagavatham is Harvest
-Me


The twin-syllable, Rama
When a devotee exalts!
The Birth-Death cycle
It permanently halts

Goodness and Wealth
It everyday brings
Sin and poverty
It cleanses and shrinks

-Kambar


Goodness Honesty Sweetness Simplicity
Gentleness Strength Humility Bravery
Valour Talent Prowess Success
Memory Trustworthiness Heroism Genuinity
Such adorable qualities and so much more
By chanting Rama's name you will score!

-Me

My Lord's Story: Goodness Incarnate

Ramayanam in English poetry.

The Supreme Lord of the Universe was once born on this earth as a Human Being, faced challenges and had His share of pain and pleasure going through both good and bad times like any of us. Like any of us He too, took His turn in laughter and cry.

This humility of The Lord, that makes Him come down to earth and share with us our difficulties to show us a way to handle them is what I admire in Him. This quality of Him, makes me surrender to Him unconditionally and makes me want to sing His Glory on and on and on.

My Lord's Story is an out pour of my devotion that seeps out in gratitude for the pains He took to be a lighthouse for us, to cross the ocean of Samsara.

Links to all the posts have been provided in an order on the right side column.


Friday, January 2, 2009

Like the flowing river.


Hare Rama

Let me be
like a river

That ever marches ahead
Never looking back...

That carries with equal joy
Flower or filth
That is offered unto it..

That is flexible
yet determined
to reach its destination...

That which doesn't go to anybody
Nor does repel anyone who goes to it...

That which does its job joyfully
which is to flow
and flow only...

15 comments:

ramesh sadasivam said...

I had promised to answer Mr.Baiyu in my next post. Because of time constraints I am postponing it for a couple of days. This one is for the time being. :)

venuss66 said...

It's so beautiful and true.
Let life flow just like the river.
All the best to you my dear fren.

ramesh sadasivam said...

Thank you Venus. I knew you will like this one. :)

Faith Lasts said...

Ah !! Wonderful! Such a heartfelt and prayer in knowledge.
:-)
Let me be like Ganga ji too :-)
Congratulations on such a beautiful creation

Resonator said...

finally am here...
hi shri..h r u..
long time..i came here...lill late to visit this blog...

happy new year...


happy blogging

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

Beautiful & profound prayer'na. Liked a lot. May Rama grant this wish to all :)

ramesh sadasivam said...

#Bhaw
Hi Bhaw, Mother Ganges is truly a wonder. If we could be like her we are truly blessed.Thanks for your valuable appreciation. :)

#Resonator
Hi Prema, Nice to have you back. I am fine. I'm a little engaged with other works, so not able to post as frequently as before. I really missed your comments friend, keep in touch. Happy new year and Happy blogging. :)

#Manivannan,
Mani, Thanks. Yes, I too wish Lord Rama would grant this wish to everyone.

venuss66 said...

Hi shri, an award for you at my blog.:) Take care.

Baiyu said...

Hi Ramesh,
Your poem 'Like the flowing River'I really enjoyed reading.So simple in Thought and so well expressed I cannot help but admire your creative talent.

Incidentally thanks for your New Year greetings. I reciprocate the same.

By the way have you gone thro my writings under the column 'Light Readings in my blog where my poems appear.I look forward to your comments particularly On my writings on Hindu Festivals.

Best Wishes ----------Baiyu

ramesh sadasivam said...

#Venus66

Hi Venus. I saw it on that day itself, but wasn't able to reply you immediately.
Thank you.

#Baiyu

Hello Sir,
I am glad you enjoyed my poem. Thanks for your appreciation.

Its my privilege, you have invited me to your blogs. I read a few of the posts in LIGHT READINGS long before.
I liked them. I'll definitely come back and share my thoughts about them with you.

BAR DO BARDO said...

boa imagem essa do rio em seu fluxo

todos nós para o seio da criação

good image of the river in its flow

us to the heart of creation

Prasad shetty said...

Shri u'r words make ppl to flow in the spiritual water of Ganga with soul of Lord Rama..........Jai Shri Ram....................

ramesh sadasivam said...

#BAR DO BARDO

Hello Sir, Thanks for your comment. :)I dont understand Brazilian language.:(

#Prasad.

Hi Prasad, Thanks. Jai Shri Ram

KParthasarathi said...

Anything written with devotional fervour is sweet and hwne it is on Sri Rama is sweeter.
Thanks Ramesh.I liked the Tamil poem very much and more than the English version

ramesh sadasivam said...

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much. Yeah is sweet. Devotion to Lord Rama is sweeter!