The Ultimate Liberator!

For the seekers of knowledge
Can there be a knowledge?
better than
The Knowledge of The Divine, Shri Rama!

The one who liberated
Even the blades of grasses
And all the swarms of ants

Leaving none behind
That ever existed
In the Good City of Ayodhya

And placed them in
An exotic heaven
Created exclusively for them
By the Great Grandshire Brahma!

-Nammazhvaar


Ramayanam is Agriculture
Bhagavatham is Harvest
-Me


The twin-syllable, Rama
When a devotee exalts!
The Birth-Death cycle
It permanently halts

Goodness and Wealth
It everyday brings
Sin and poverty
It cleanses and shrinks

-Kambar


Goodness Honesty Sweetness Simplicity
Gentleness Strength Humility Bravery
Valour Talent Prowess Success
Memory Trustworthiness Heroism Genuinity
Such adorable qualities and so much more
By chanting Rama's name you will score!

-Me

My Lord's Story: Goodness Incarnate

Ramayanam in English poetry.

The Supreme Lord of the Universe was once born on this earth as a Human Being, faced challenges and had His share of pain and pleasure going through both good and bad times like any of us. Like any of us He too, took His turn in laughter and cry.

This humility of The Lord, that makes Him come down to earth and share with us our difficulties to show us a way to handle them is what I admire in Him. This quality of Him, makes me surrender to Him unconditionally and makes me want to sing His Glory on and on and on.

My Lord's Story is an out pour of my devotion that seeps out in gratitude for the pains He took to be a lighthouse for us, to cross the ocean of Samsara.

Links to all the posts have been provided in an order on the right side column.


Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Puppet Rebels!


Hare Krishna...

You are the creator!
I am the created!
Anything that is Good in me
It is your credit!
Anything that is Bad in me
It is your fault!

Your are the manufacturer!
I am the product!
Anything that is effective in me
It is your credit!
Anything that is defective in me
It is your defect!

I am the incapable!
You are the capable!

I am just a nothing!
And you are everything!

I, is an Illusion!
You are the reality!

You are The One!
I am a Zero!

Accept all the merits I have!
Accept all the flaws I have!
Take away all the pride in me!
Take away all the guilt in me!

I don't want a head,
swollen with pride!
I don't want a heart,
crushed with guilt!

Don't attribute values to me!
Positive, they may be!
Negative, they may be!
Let me be, just a Zero!

Don't immerse me in dualities!
Pleasure, they may be!
Pain, they may be!
Let me be, just free!

I am just a puppet!
You are the puppeteer!

Please cut off all the strings
that you've tied unto me!
Let me be, just free!

Take away all the fame!
Take away all the shame!
Please stop your Leela with me!
I am no more game!


20 comments:

venuss66 said...

A wonderful poem you have written. Very meaningful.May your wish come true.Take care Shri.

Manivannan Sadasivam said...

It is the wish of every spiritual person anna....to be free! To be free from dualities! I liked the poem. As Venus said, it's very meaningful.

Don't immerse me in dualities!
Pleasure, they may be!
Pain, they may be!
Let me be, just free!

Very beautiful lines anna :-)

Cheers!

Niru said...

Very very spiritual poem.Only the person who surrendered 100% only can write like this.
While I was reading this poem your ''letter to God'' also came in my mind.

I like the following very much.I really don't know how to express my feeling in words:
'Take away all the fame!
Take away all the shame!
Please stop your Leela with me!
I am no more game''

Wonderful!

ramesh sadasivam said...

Dear Mary,
Thank you so much! I hope my wish comes true soon!And same to you. :)

Dear Mani,
Thanks a lot Mani! I am glad you liked it!Cheers!

Dear Niru,
Ah, Thanks for understanding that these are words of the surrendered one and not really the rebellious one!

Thanks for remembering my writings this much! I am very happy about it and feeling inspired too!

AutoDT said...

Simply beautiful...and spiritually enlightened...

Namaste to you:)

Cyrus

ramesh sadasivam said...

Dear Cyrus,

Welcome here, Thank you so much!
Please do visit often.

Namaste :)

Vishwanath Seshadri said...

Wonderful oem Ramesh.. Happy to read this...

Couple of question though - why do you want to cut the strings that are held by Him? And can we ever be free of Him? :))

cheers

ramesh sadasivam said...

Dear Vish,

Thanks for the appreciation and questions!

Let me answer the second question first.

Can we ever be free of him?

You would have seen most kids crying and fighting to go back home when taken to school on the first day.

They actually rebel against their parents!
Not to be free of them.
But to be free with them!

They want to go home and be with their mom and dad. They dont want school.

My rebellion is also such a kind.

I don't rebel to be free of him.
I rebel to be free with him!

I don't want to be caught up in this creation of dualities! Sometimes laugh, sometimes cry, sometimes pleasure, sometimes pain...
I want to be free!

And U know, the only place we can be free of this! :)

First question,
why do you want to cut the strings that are held by Him?

Because with these strings tied upon you, U can never be soaked in bliss!

Though even now I do taste that joy.
It is just a spoonful I get.

I want to be soaked in bliss like Ramana, like Buddha...

It is possible only after cutting of those strings!


I am incapable.
I cannot cut them off.
He is capable.
But does not cut them off!

Hence I rebel!

:)

Vishwanath Seshadri said...

Nice response Ramesh... I can 'feel' the intensity of your feelings....

Best

ramesh sadasivam said...

Thanks Vish :)

Prabhu said...

very nice anna... :)

I wish all your wishes to come true :)

ramesh sadasivam said...

Dear Prabhu,

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for the comment.

I see you are new to blogger, Welcome again for that.

Happy blogging.

Pls do visit my pages often.

Cheers!!

Parv Kaushik said...

very bful lines by you!! it was a wonderful poem and an absolute pleasure reading it!

ramesh sadasivam said...

Thank you so much Parv!

Baiyu said...

Dear Ramesh,
An excellent poem well knit with selective choice words. I really enjoyed reading it.
Having said above,I have a small suggestion to make.You have shown such a maturity thro' a wide rangine of your writings that I feel you will express your thoughts equally well if you attempt to move out of Dwaithism
to venture on Adwaithism.
What do you say?Why don't you try?
Baiyu

ramesh sadasivam said...

Dear Sir,

I am glad you liked this poem.

Thanks for the question sir, I will share my thoughts.

I have come a long way from being an atheist. I have tasted Adwaithism too, in this process.

This song itself is an outcome of my involvement in both Adwaithism and Dwaithism.

Right now my concentration is Greatly increased and stands focused on Lord Rama.

By thinking of Lord Rama my Kundalini stays in the anahatha chakra (the chakra in the heart- for those who don't know) giving me great Bliss and Joy.

I am tasting it right now.

Because this Joy is so great, I do sit and chant Rama nama closing my eyes forgetting everything including Rama.

I like to be like Hanumanji always tasting the joy of Rama nama. I cannot really express the joy I get out of it.

Kabir says,
The dumb has eaten the sweet-meat.
Unable to express his joy,
he just smiles!

:) I am in such a state.

I don't want to move out completely to Adwaithism.

Because I feel by always chanting the Rama nama my concentration will go on keep increasing and at one point when the right time comes, hopefully I can merge with God and become one.

KParthasarathi said...

The poem brings out beautifully the cravings of a devootee wanting to be liberated.Ramesh,you express your thoughts so well in apt words.

ramesh sadasivam said...

Thank you sir!

maybe said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^

ramesh sadasivam said...

Thank you very much.