The Ultimate Liberator!

For the seekers of knowledge
Can there be a knowledge?
better than
The Knowledge of The Divine, Shri Rama!

The one who liberated
Even the blades of grasses
And all the swarms of ants

Leaving none behind
That ever existed
In the Good City of Ayodhya

And placed them in
An exotic heaven
Created exclusively for them
By the Great Grandshire Brahma!

-Nammazhvaar


Ramayanam is Agriculture
Bhagavatham is Harvest
-Me


The twin-syllable, Rama
When a devotee exalts!
The Birth-Death cycle
It permanently halts

Goodness and Wealth
It everyday brings
Sin and poverty
It cleanses and shrinks

-Kambar


Goodness Honesty Sweetness Simplicity
Gentleness Strength Humility Bravery
Valour Talent Prowess Success
Memory Trustworthiness Heroism Genuinity
Such adorable qualities and so much more
By chanting Rama's name you will score!

-Me

My Lord's Story: Goodness Incarnate

Ramayanam in English poetry.

The Supreme Lord of the Universe was once born on this earth as a Human Being, faced challenges and had His share of pain and pleasure going through both good and bad times like any of us. Like any of us He too, took His turn in laughter and cry.

This humility of The Lord, that makes Him come down to earth and share with us our difficulties to show us a way to handle them is what I admire in Him. This quality of Him, makes me surrender to Him unconditionally and makes me want to sing His Glory on and on and on.

My Lord's Story is an out pour of my devotion that seeps out in gratitude for the pains He took to be a lighthouse for us, to cross the ocean of Samsara.

Links to all the posts have been provided in an order on the right side column.


Friday, September 14, 2012

Worshipping The Lord's Feet

The following was a comment I posted on The Seed of Devotion blog. As my brother Manivannan thinks this by itself is good as a blog post, I am sharing it here.  :)

Your attention going to the Lord's Feet shows that you are getting closer to liberation. Worshipping the Lord's Feet is not easy...Some painful experiences can be assured. But at the end of the experience one will realise what is liberation. One will realise what was binding them and what left them, so that now they are free... 

In 2004 I wrote a poem of four lines on Shri Krishna's Feet, in Tamil. 

Shri Krishna's Feet 

"His feet kindly walk for us
While in danger, to protect us
Destroying Karmas that are strong
Measuring the worlds they extend long!"

Every time I sang these lines I suffered. Though at the end it took me to a new level, I really didn't have guts to sing them repeatedly. 


Lord Rama's Feet

In 2010, I wrote a much longer poem on Lord Rama's Feet. I had similar experiences while chanting it. I did chant it but only after long gaps as I had to prepare myself for some bitter experiences. 

Last month I again wrote a poem on Lord Rama's Feet. And decided to chant it no matter what. I did have some bitter experiences, but this time not that much. At the same time, I realised how pure I became after chanting it. Wanting more of it, I chanted and chanted. Then as I cannot chant the whole poem all the time, I came up with a one liner and I am chanting it repeatedly. 

"Lord Rama! I praise Your Feet!!"

Now this is my Manthra. This is the Manthra I've decided to chant all my life. 

Nothing like My Lord Rama's Feet... The Feet that walked from Ayodhya to Lanka taking a share in the pains of ignorant men, liberating both sinners and saints and sanctifying the land. 


Myself worshipping My Lord's Feet

All glories unto my Lord's Feet!
Jai Shri Ram!
Jai Jai Shri Ram!!

Photos taken by my brother Manivannan. 

8 comments:

In Love With Krishna said...

Hello!
As a die-hard romantic, i must say that if it really does bestow so-called material pain (i have never noticed that), it's nothing in front of the transcendental bliss.
The labours of love (and here, devotion) are sweet to the lover. :)
But our dear Lord is one step higher, He will dissolve those issues for us! :)

ramesh sadasivam said...

I was not talking about material pain. When I worshipped The Lord's Feet certain bad karmas that I had earned where being peeled off me. And the process was painful. And ofcourse, the end of the process gave great relief.

You have never noticed that means, You have never sinned in the past. So no bad karma to be peeled. Hence no pain.

I am an ex-sinner. A sinner who preferred punishment rather than forgiveness...

You are like Sabari, or may be you would prefer Radha.... ;) I am like Viradha, or can I say Valmiki....:D The Lord does not give the same kind of experience to everyone...It depends on what we ask for.. and what we deserve...

bilvapatra said...

I like this reply...I was startled by 'I prefer punishment to forgiveness...' it is rooted in shraddha, in faith in one's bhakti, in its unfailingness, in His presence at the scene of the sin as well as in the skin of the sinner as well as in the naam....
To learn such a new dimension of the Lord is hugely pleasing.
Hari Om

bilvapatra said...

I like this reply...I was startled by 'I prefer punishment to forgiveness...' it is rooted in shraddha, in faith in one's bhakti, in its unfailingness, in His presence at the scene of the sin as well as in the skin of the sinner as well as in the naam....
To learn such a new dimension of the Lord is hugely pleasing.
Hari Om

ramesh sadasivam said...

Thank you Bilvapatra... Yes, The Lord has so dimensions... An open mind gets to see them one by one...The more dimensions we see, the smaller we become...But I really doubt if anyone can see all of them... :)

Hari Om!!
Jai Shri Ram!!!

ramesh sadasivam said...

There is one dimension of Our Lord that I've realised. People don't talk about it much. It is that 'He is a very humble person.' Those who have been very good will see this at one point of time or other....

By being good I don't mean, praising Him all the time, or chanting His name all the time, or pouring milk on His statue... I mean being good to people... It'a Okay with Him if we don't do good to other people... The least He expects from us is that we shouldn't do harm to other's...

Anonymous said...

Since you are a devotee of Lord Sri Ram:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VziFNsXeMc

ramesh sadasivam said...

Thanks for the wonderful video. The link you shared has opened doors to many such wonderful videos. Thanks a lot.